Monday, April 21, 2003

Man, am I psyched, and far too early.

16-inch softball is starting up NEXT Friday, which is killing me because it's not THIS Friday...Me, my brother and my cousin Will along with our friend Bill from the neighborhood, trekked up to Sluggers across the street from Wrigley to use the batting cages. First off, I had forgotten how much the Sluggers batting cages suck. I didn't bring my softball bat, because, well, I didn't want to walk into a crowded bar with a bat--the kicker: it wasn't crowded, though the Cubs were playing on the road that night--I thought Cubs fans were loyal? Shouldn't they have been at the bar across the street from the stadium rooting on their team? Guess they're no better than Sox fans in that sense. So the bats all sucked too. I got some good swings in, which is all I wanted--to stretch those muscles out. I may go tonight to the place by my house...we'll see.

But, to reiterate: Is there anything more enticing than an approaching softball season? I suggest there is not.