Monday, July 11, 2005

--299 days. Oh no, we're within 300 days! What will we do?!

--So Saturday, I discovered in the Rubbermaid container outside in which we have the aquarium plants (thriving quite well in the fresh air and semi-stagnant water and indirect sunlight) that we have BABY FISH. There are at least four of them swimming around in there. Eyes with stick bodies. They're swimming amongst the mosquito larvae, and they must be eating the larvae too, because they've been in there (as eggs and little fish) for almost three weeks now, without me feeding them or anything. So they've found SOMEthing to eat...So that's interesting...our pet shop friend was stunned when I told him. I said I was stunned too. I believe they're danios (fan-freakin'-tastic), because one of the danios was fat with eggs and chasing around the skinnier ones before we took the plants out of the tank. So some eggs must've stuck to the plants and voila. If the babies survive, we'll have to see what we can do with them. Maybe the pet shop will take them and give us credits for them (even if it's 33 cents or something...). Only because I don't know what kind of room we have for them in our tank. We'll have to see.

In other tank news, the ich spots have been gone for a while now, so we should be able to stop treatment of the tank the end of this weekend. Then I can put the carbon back in, put the plants in and possibly restock what little we've lost (so far).

--That's about it for now...I don't even know if anyone's reading. :)