Friday, July 01, 2005

--309 days.

--I forgot to mention the other day the good news that Gina has gotten a new job. She was all worried, and I told her not to be. Fortunately, the district manager or whatever the hell they're called for C P S is the principal who originally hired her, and that manager is retiring. So they had this big retirement party, and there were all kinds of principals there. So Gina got to chat with them and had the entire support of the former principal and her staff members and everything...so she had a couple leads and got two interviews out of it. She went for the interviews, and after she got back from teh second, there was a message that the first wanted to hire her.

She accepted the job b/c now she'll be tenured, so they can't get rid of her unless she really, really messes up, repeatedly. Or something. So they wanted her in spite of that fact, which is good. She's happy because she'll be pre-K full-time and they want to start a fine arts program and asked if she'd help develop the thing. She'll be in L a k e v i e w too, so thank God, that's both close to here and not a bad situation. I told her that I didn't care where she took a job--city or suburbs--unless it was a chronically unsafe situation. I've heard enough stories and I worry enough about the other t e a c h e r I know to not want to have two to worry about.

So, she's happy, because even if it turns out to be not as good as advertised, she'll have the power to look for another gig without having to worry about losing hers.

--Other than that, I'm looking forward to a nice, relaxing weekend. I need it. Those of you who will be at the party, we'll most likely be there and we'll see ya then... :)