Saturday, December 11, 2004

Well, thankfully, I only have a couple more things to buy for Christmas. That's good. I did some more shopping today.

Yesterday was my office holiday party. It was fun...my table was a lot of fun, although I had to take some good-natured ribbing as to why Gina and I weren't engaged. Whatever...it was particularly funny when the big boss came over at the bar afterward and asked how we were doing, and my supervisor told him they were trying to help me propose tonight, but that I needed money to do it. The big boss pulled out his wallet and played it perfectly, to the point where, for a half-second, I thought he was serious...I hesitated, and then everyone booed, and he said that if I didn't hesitate... :) Whatever...it was all in good fun, and that's cool with me.

Today Gina and I drove out to Woodfield to take a ride and do some shopping...saw a lot of stuff, bought a couple things...I'm about tapped out though, and I haven't even spent that much, really, compared to other years. I've really cut back on who to buy for, that's for sure...

Tomorrow, we'll be driving out to Dupage County for the monthly train show...it's pretty cool if you're into model railroading...it's kind of a swap meet/hobby shop sale, and you can get some good stuff for cheap. Usually, I find something for my dad there for Christmas, and a lot of times, he knows what we're getting him because he tells us what he wants there and we buy it for him. It ruins the "surprise" but as long as he's happy (since he doesn't supply a list b/c he doesn't want a lot of things, ya know?) that's all that matters...

So, we have a quite early start tomorrow...and then dinner with the parents. I'll be nice and tired by eveningtime. :) Hopefully, if y'all go out, I'll be able to make it. We shall see...