Tuesday, October 05, 2004

So it has been a year since Gina and I went on our first date. A year since I started to "win her over" if you will. It took two months, but obviously, she made the right choice. ;) I know you're all tingly inside at the thought.

But it's pretty amazing how quickly things have moved along. When you look at a calendar and think about it, it's pretty quick. But if I just sit here and think about it, it doesn't seem like it was one year ago. In fact, at the time, it seemed like it would take forever for me to prove to her I was worth her time. But it didn't take long at all. And even that seems much further away than a year. I say that because two of our first dates were weddings (a coworker and Steve, my longtime friend and neighbor), and it seems as though those two couples have been married more than a year to me. And it still hasn't been exactly a year yet...but it seems like Gina and I have been together a lot longer than that. It's strange. Then you consider that I was unemployed for five months in there, I lived at an apartment during that time, and it is simply stunning how fast time really does fly. A lot has happened. Before you know it, we'll be in our new condo.

We went out to Branmor's in Bolingbrook yesterday. It was good...definitely relaxing, as the place was pretty empty for the most part. That began a long week full of eating out and marginally fancily at that...Friday is her uncle's wedding rehearsal dinner, Saturday is dinner with my parents for their anniversary at Gale Street Inn, which I can't believe my parents are allowing us to drag them to ("It's too far..." babies...) and then the wedding on Sunday.

And can you believe that the holidays are right around the corner now too? Jeez...it's unrelenting. But I guess that is truly what makes time fly...fun or otherwise.