Tuesday, October 05, 2004

I actually worked pretty hard today...well, I do actually work pretty hard usually...but I mean that I was quite busy. By the time I looked up after the morning, it was suddenly noon. That's a good thing...busy-ness keeps time flying.

Today, the people we're buying the condo basically said "Fuck off" when we had our lawyer tell them to replace the blower motor on the furnace. Blower motors are cheap, thankfully, so we will, in a way, fuck off. It's not enough to warrant losing the place. This simply means that these people probably got another offer after they signed our contract and thus know they can hold us over a barrel. The way we get to say "Fuck off" to them? When we buy it from them for what I really believe is a steal, and then years from now when we resell it for at least what they should have gotten. The joke will be on them then...

On Sunday, Gina and I peeked into Harlem Furniture to find a sofa and recliner (or loveseat, depending on how big). We found a nice microfiber twill fabric set, which I'm told is just like suede but without the hassle. We weren't going to get the tables...but then we saw these really cool stone tile-topped ones that we liked and we thought went well with the dark olive (almost gray, really) pieces...but we'll see. It's still early, and that's the only place we looked so far. We need to get in there and measure things, so we know how big or small everything is, as well as take pictures of, say, the floor in the kitchen for color purposes.

Today, I drove out to The Brook to visit my dog and give him a new collar for while he's out there. Gina and I also had reservations at Branmor's out there. Today (well, Oct. 4, actually...it's still "today") is the one year anniversary of our first date, so, really, our anniversary, more or less. :) So we decided to celebrate a little bit...nothing special at all. So that was that.

Otherwise, I wanted to tell all those Cubs fans out there not to be so sad. You had a victorious and successful season after all: Chip Caray is leaving. That in and of itself should be something to be happy about, playoffs or not.

But now, I'm off to bed.