Wednesday, June 30, 2004

No word from the potential new job, but I assume they're mailing me an offer. If I don't hear anything by Friday, I'll call them.

Yesterday Gina and I took a ride out to the I&M Canal Bike Trail, because I wanted to get away from the Lakefront Trail, which is so damned crowded all the time. Gina's still learning how to use the gears and whatnot, and the I&M trail is peaceful and empty enough to use as a learning tool. We ended up riding three miles, all told. We then stopped at Lindy's/Gertie's for ice cream. If you've never been to Gertie's, go. None of the current branches are as good as the longstanding one that sat on 59th and Kedzie (it's long gone now), but they are pretty solid still.

Now, I have to drive Kazak out to The Brook, stop somewhere and get my car's city sticker and then go to work at the ballpark. I'm really tiring of working there, if only because of the "inconvenience"...I mean, it's easy money, but it blows my Sundays (including this weekend, the 4th) and Wednesday evenings. But, we gotta do what we gotta do, right?

All right...more later.