Monday, June 28, 2004

I guess I've said nothing about the job search recently, eh?

Well, good news. Thursday's interview went well. Very well. So well that on Friday the human resources person said they'd be making a formal offer early this week. It'd be good money (20 percent better than PFW), a much better position (m a n a g i n g--e d i t o r) and a better topic than the water-quality job I interviewed for a couple months ago. It's a topic I'd actually be interested in...the magazine is "S n a c k-F o o d-&-W h o l e s a l e-B a k e r y" and I read much of it and found myself quite interested, believe it or not.

I would also do some traveling...once a month or so...to research and write stories on companies in the industry. Even possibly some overseas stuff. That's cool. Traveling is nice because it breaks up the monotony of going to the office every damn day.

I also heard back from the a u t o people today, who got my writing test. They said they'd be in touch. So, maybe I'll have two jobs to choose from. That job, of course, has its perks (my own new car every week or so--to test-drive and use as my own car), but I don't know much about the job, truthfully. That interview was only a prelim kind of interview. Whereas Thursday's was from 10:30-1:15.

So things look much better, obviously. :) I'll keep you posted, of course.