Wednesday, January 21, 2004

The Prez spoke yesterday? Oh...I didn't watch or listen. I guess I'm a bad American.

What's the State of the Union address but a bunch of empty, bullshit promises that pre-empts any TV show I want to watch anyway? It's worse than a pep rally, and I like pep rallies. So screw it. Plus, Bush is a dumbass anyway...I don't want to listen to what he has to say to begin with. And I actually heard somewhere that he's probably going to get re-elected? C'mon! You're telling me there's NO ONE that the populace believes is better out there than him? I tend to disagree...but oh well.

This concludes probably the only political "discussion" you'll read on this blog.

Yes, Husband of Barb, the Patriots are in the Super Bowl...where have you been? :)

I've watched the first six episodes of "The Simpsons" Season Three. It's the first extensive TV watching I've done in a while. Season Three is easily when the Simpsons started getting really, really good. The animation is clearer and crisper, and the episodes are better. You have the Leftorium episode, "Homer at the Bat" (softball episode), the episode where the Germans buy the power plant (the Land of Chocolate), among others. I've not gotten to the last two yet. But they're coming. :) Compared to the reruns they're showing now (some of the recent seasons' episodes), these are great. I watched a rerun the other day, and it was just tough to watch. The writing is so forced it seems. I haven't watched a single episode this season, it's gotten so bad. But hey, every show devolves over time too. It was bound to happen.

Today is Gina's birthday. Don't know if she's gonna read this...but as Zsa Zsa Gbor might say, "Happy Birthday, Dahling." Whatever...

We're going to swing dancing class tonight...kind of ruining her b-day a bit. But that's why I cooked dinner on Friday. I'm smart and forward-thinking and whatnot.

Starbux Princess gave us free hot chocolate yesterday...she's cool. :)

Bank One's Web site is pissing me off...but what else is new? And I think my mail is messed up too. I sent out a check to Big City Swing prior to the New Year. They still haven't cashed it. And, I was supposed to get a check myself since the New Year, and I haven't. I don't know what's going on.

Ah well...I actually have some work to do today. So off I go. More as events warrant.