Thursday, January 15, 2004

We learned the "She Goes" turn in swing dancing class. And while "she went" just fine, I kept screwing up the steps, taking too big steps a lot. It's gonna take practice. I also realized that I danced far, far better when I actually got to dance with Gina--for about the last 15 minutes of class this time, thankfully. The other girls are not particularly good, for whatever reason. I think it's because of the whole shyness factor again. I don't like it, because then i can't tell if *I'm* doing something wrong or if it's *her*. Given a choice, I'd rather not rotate. So me and Gina will have to practice. We're learning THREE new turns next week, so it'll be tougher. It was tough this week just learning one turn and dancing with one hand instead of two. We need to work on our arm resistance--we're still not applying enough pressure and balance, and that's key to this dance. And I need to keep taking smaller steps. But all in all, we did well, I guess. That's what the cool guy instructor said when we asked him to assess our dancing after class. So that's good. He's cool...the lady instructor (who was just filling in) is a little domineering and overbearing. But she'll be gone next week, replaced by the owner of the school--so we'll see how tough she is. :) At one point, the lady instructor came over and was like, "you need to loosen your arm up, you're so tense." And I was like, "I am? I don't feel tense at all...this is about as loose as my arm gets." And it was. I had to give resistance and all, you know. Ah well...whatever. :) Practice! Practice! Practice!

Today I have to go grocery shopping to pick up a bunch of stuff for dinner tomorrow with Gina. And I have to prep some things. Gina thinks she knows EVERYthing I'm making, but the joke's on her (maybe this will make her comment since she is reading occasionally!!!!!) Her birthday is next Wednesday, and we have swing class, so I'm making dinner for her tomorrow at her place since her roommate will be out of town. I'm trying a new dish that I've never made, that I found here. It's a Creamy Potato Pork Chop Bake. We'll see how it goes. i'm sure it'll be good. I'm marinating the chops in what I marinate them when I grill them, and I think it'll taste good--basically combining recipes. But it should work OK, I think...otherwise, the chops would just be plain, and no one likes plain chops. :) But there's more...she just doesn't know what else is coming... ;P

Gina's birthday party is Saturday...probably will start at her place and end up at Trader Todd's and who knows from there. Should, obviously, be a fun night. :)

Hmmm...I had a dream last night that would have made Laz wet the bed. I dreamed that I was doing laundry and there were these scary beetles (about dime-sized) littered throughout my clothes. They were scary, because they had inch-long stingers on their hineys...and they were hidden...like, I was worried I was going to grab a shirt and get stung without seeing the thing. And then there was some white film all over my clothes too. It was pretty gross. What does it mean?!?!?! :)