Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I guess I threw you guys off with that "intelligent" post yesterday...sorry. I'll do better to not make you think. :)

Laz is right. "24" kicks ass again. What a good show.

"The Simple Life," however, should be burned and never shown again. Luis has forced me to have it on my TV the last couple of times he's been by the apartment, and I just wander around and the few parts I actually catch are so stupid. And Paris Hilton isn't even that good looking--I'd much rather have Britney (or, as Starbux Princess says, "Bitchney") Spears than Paris Hilton. She's hideous to me, really. But that's just me.

Also, Fox News Chicago, though we already knew this, is quite possibly the worst example of broadcast "journalism" out there. When reporting on Lovie Smith, who is expected to be the Bears new head coach, they actually said something like, "and he's even smart and well-spoken and knows his football" or something along those lines. What? Do they just give away defensive coordinator positions nowadays? You don't have to know football or be smart or whatever to get that job? Idiots...I made a thoughtless crack at the TV saying, "What? Why do you say that, because he's a black coordinator?" I realized what I said and was embarrassed at first, but then I thought, wait a minute...maybe it was. Who knows? Ridiculous...of course he's smart and well-spoken and knows football. He's a freakin' defensive coordinator, which means he's pretty well-accomplished. Maybe I'm overdoing it, but it's just ridiculous. Oh yeah, and I think the Bears are ridiculous if they hire him. Just so you all know. Jim Fassel should have been No. 1 on their list.