Sunday, January 18, 2004

Fun fact of the day: In the past three seasons, the New England Patriots or I have gone to the Super Bowl.

Well, first off, my dinner-cooking excursion went perfectly. The pork chop/potato bake was great, especially with the pork chops marinated in the same stuff I use when I barbecue them. The chocolate-covered strawberriews I made on Thursday evening worked just fine and were tasty. And, of course, the evening was even better. No distractions or anything. Just a nice, relaxing, romantic evening. Good deal. That was Friday.

Yesterday was the pinnacle. We had about two dozen people at Gina's place from about 7-10pm. We actually didn't have a lot of food, so we were a bit worried. But we ended up having just enough to appease folks. :) Then we headed to "Trader Todd's," which was jam-packed already when we got there. But at one point, we had about two to three dozen people there for Gina. That translated to about 1/3 of the people in there. It was cool, because we had kind of this trail of folks spread out from one table to another and everywhere in between...you could walk (squeeze, when it was busy) around and talk to folks at almost every step. It was cool...I never was cheered by as many people for anything as I was when they first called "South Side Andy" to sing. It was loud, and it was nice. :) ...I did the old standbys "Bad, Bad LeRoy Brown," and later (much later...I was ready to leave) "Baby Got Back." Basia can tell you about her nice morning based on last night's outing... ;) Hopefully she won't be embarrassed about it, because she had a good time, and that's OK. :) So tell everyone how you felt today, Basia. :)

Anyway, "Baby Got Back" sucked b/c some random drunk chick got up to "help" me by singing the first part, but then screamed the rest of the song with me, drowning me out. Plus, she was like, grinding her ass against my hip and actually cross-checked me off the stage at one point. She also started slapping my ass a couple times. Generally quite an uncomfortable deal...Gina apparently had to restrain herself from punching this chick in the face. Some dude to my right screamed to me, "How can you pass that UP, dude?!" And I just shot him a look and kept singing...I wasn't going to be like, "dude, she's not attractive, No. 1, and No. 2, my girlfriend's standing right there." Gina apparently heard that too and was going to hit him as well. :) Feisty one, eh? ;)

But by the time I was up there for that song, many folks had left or were tired and ready to go. I was pretty tired too...oh well...I slept and slept this morning and woke up with a teensy headache...so I guess I drank a little more than I'd thought.

Today we're working, of course. This is one of the toughest days of the year, because we have to wait for one game and do pretty much nothing during the evening hours. Then we pretty much go right up to the deadline because there's so much late copy. So I'll be much busier later on.

Tomorrow I go back to the dentist to get the first of two visits to get a crown on one of my teeth. Fun stuff...yippee. So I guess I'll talk to everyone soon...or something.