Monday, January 19, 2004

Randomness as I await our Super Bowl preview story, the final thing I have to edit tonight.

--My prediction: Patriots 14, Panthers 0. Done and done. If I get a chance, I'll post my thinking from the paper. (Here it is:) Could Carolina kick a field goal and eliminate the shutout? Absolutely. But that wouldn’t seem to fit the dominant season the Pats’ defense has had. New England has shut out three opponents (two playoff contenders) this year. During the Pats’ 14-game winning streak, they’ve won by an average of 9.2 points per game, meaning the offense does enough to win. Panthers RB Stephen Davis can try all he wants, so long as the Patriots bend but don’t break — their specialty. Evidence? How about holding 13-of-18 opponents under 100 yards this year?

--I know the ribs are involved in breathing and whatnot, but how does Donovan McNabb not play with a cartilage tear in his ribs in the biggest game of the season when last year he played an entire regular-season game vs. the shitty Cardinals on a broken ankle? Bizarre...Andy Reid's apparently not as bright as we all thought he might be.

--Check this out. Pretty funny...Be sure the read the blurb under the huge picture of Kraft.

--I have the dentist tomorrow, did I mention? Well, in case I didn't, I have the dentist tomorrow. I'm getting a tooth prepped for a crown...don't know how long that'll take. Hopefully not too long. But we'll see.

--Gina and I still need to practice our swing dancing a whole handful of times before Wednesday's class, dammit. So far, we've not practiced at all. Damn. And given the toughness of the lesson, we need to really spend some time practicing or we'll be in trouble on Wednesday.

--They did tell us that for our last class, we go out after class to Green Dolphin Street to dance and hang out. That's all fine and good...but again, I don't really care to dance with anyone other than Gina in this class, to tell you the truth. I'm learning swing dancing to dance with her and any friends I occasionally have who want to learn or already know. Not "new friends" I meet through this class...I don't need anymore friends...I have too many as is. ;)