Tuesday, January 20, 2004

I kid you not.
I have a silver tooth now. Like, shiny silver and everything.

Actually, it's temporary. It's a temp crown, to be replaced by a real, tooth-colored crown in two weeks or so. The crown is on one of the back teeth though, so you'd have to look hard to notice my silver tooth. But it's funny just to know it's there. :)

In "bad" news...I have to visit the endodontist (nerve/root canal dentist) to get my front tooth (the one hit by a baseball when I was younger, which required surgery and a root canal) looked at. X-rays reveal a small crack in the bone above the tooth. I knew this from my first appt. last June. But today, my general-practice dentist "admitted" the possible worst-case scenario, which I didn't even know was possible--that the tooth would have to be pulled and replaced by a false one. Now, he said the false one would most likely look even better than the one currently in there (this is the tooth that is slightly darker than the others b/c of the missing root). But I don't know how many days I'd have to walk around without a front tooth. I would be so embarrassed and ridiculously self-conscious. It would not be cool. So I'm hoping that, when spring/summer rolls around and I go to see the endodontist, I get good news.

Otherwise, Gina and I went to my parents' house after the dentist appt. for dinner and just hung out at my place for a little while. She got her pictures back from Christmas/New Year's/her birthday party on Saturday. There are plenty of good pictures to view. If I get a chance to scan them, I will do so and share them with everyone. But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Back to work tomorrow...fun, fun, fun. :)