Tuesday, December 02, 2003

OK...semi-recap time.

Starbux Princess clearly was trying to get me drunk by having Absolut Mandarin at her housewarming party. Or maybe it was PolishBasia or the mysterious friend of Starbux Princess, Calantha? I don't know, but it almost worked. There was about 3/4 of a bottle when we got there, and I drank, oh, probably just more than 1/3 of the bottle myself. And pretty quickly and with a little 7up, I might add. I figured that would give me enough time to shake off the effects and drive home, which it did. Of course, I got worried because Starbux Princess also had made a pitcher of sangria, which was fantastic and of which I partook at least twice. Strangely though I was OK (and even the next morning), even though I tried to run over PolishBasia and her husband when we were leaving (you shoulda seen the looks on their faces in my headlights when I floored it down the street! Ha!). I scared them good, which was my intention. :) Very stupid, but very funny.

Gina and I then went back to my place and I played the Chilly Willy cartoons I had found and downloaded for her. She was happy. Of course, then I didn't get to bed until 6am because I showed her the CRC yearbooks and we had things to talk about. That's OK though, because I had work Sunday (no surprise there, right?), so I got a decent amount of sleep.

Yesterday, I worked on my bills and finances all day, and found out in the late afternoon that Gina had had a terrible day. So I decided to play beat the clock. I went out and bought a cute little card, drove it up to her school (which she was still at working late) and left it on her car. I didn't know what time she was leaving, so I had to hurry. It was "fun" for an otherwise boring Monday, honestly. She called me about 20 minutes later, having discovered the card, and was happy again. But she had loads of work to do, so we didn't do anything yesterday. I went and got some Subway, hooked up my choo-choo train around my Christmas tree and ran it around the loop a few times. But when I unpacked the tree, I was disappointed, and Butch said he has a better-looking tree. I now feel guilty though, because the tree I have is my Grandpa's old tree, given to me by my parents. I want to give it back, but I don't want them to think I'm ungrateful. But it's too small almost, and pretty thin-looking. I don't know what I expected, but hey. Should I feel guilty? I don't know. So I was a little down about that, so I didn't decorate as I had planned to do. I will soon though. Instead, I watched the MNF game and worked on Ghetto Bowl stuff...I've figured out the all-time records of every team--now it's just a matter of posting it somewhere.

Today is "24" day, and then Luis and I are going to try to find our friend Erin's new work and hang out there. We shall see.