Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Well, I actually got starting doing something packing-wise today...minimal, but a good first step. I collected my CDs, strewn about the house and in the car, and reorganized them into my nice CD rack for easy transport (just put some tape over them and carry). I was quite amazed by the following though:

1. I need to trash some of these before you guys think I'm a metrosexual.
2. I seem to not have bought much in the way of music since returning to the Chitown area in 2000, because my CD tower had one shelf left empty. Now, there's not enough space for all the CDs, but there are only about two extras. I thought I had bought more than that.
3. I really need to get rid of some of these crappy CDs. Really. Man, some of them, I have no idea what I was thinking. And no, I will not share. ;)

Tried Baja Fresh today between work and softball with Barb and Pete. I'd have to say that I think I still prefer Chipotle...but I was told later by my buddy from work (who I play softball with) that you have to get the tacos at Baja Fresh...that's their specialty or something. So Baja Fresh gets another chance.

We lost at softball today, and I kinda reinjured my pinkie finger on my left hand, though not nearly as bad as the first time. I think it's more a fingernail injury than a jammed finger. I also had a great one-handed catch at first on a bang-bang play on which I had to fall (dive) to my left, keep my foot on the bag and catch the ball on one hop with one hand and hold onto it as I hit the ground and as the runner hit the base. Well, I held on and got the force. I even got a "nice play" from the ump when I came up to bat the next inning. That was nice. I had two great rips to the right side of the infield on two at bats, but on each one, it was more or less right to the defender. And they were probably the best hits I've had all year so far. Ah well...maybe next time.

Tomorrow maybe I'll make a good big dent in packing after work, as I have nowhere to go for a change. We'll see...my freakin' plans always seem to change as the day goes on.