Sunday, September 21, 2003

This has to be the first Sunday I've worked on which I've been higher than a kite...and I don't mean in the drug-influence way. Though i guess that would be a first too, if it were true.

I'm just so happy today, even with the concerns about money (having to do with my car, which I need to take to my Dad's work tomorrow because that Service Engine Soon light came on and the car was misfiring). My Dad thinks it's not going to be cheap. That, of course, is horrible timing since I've got to pay the first month's rent for my apt. on Saturday. Even with the fact that the weather was so beautiful when I was heading to work. Usually, that pisses me off that I have to work on a weekend day when it's really nice out. Today, it was a nice day and it made me smile, truthfully. I was all smiles today too. Not even the crap that I usually get shoveled at work could get me down. I'm so psyched and happy...I hope this continues tomorrow and lasts a while. I really do. And it may...especially since I'm looking at two weeks of nostalgia staring me in the face, given that I have to start packing up the house for the move. I like nostalgia. :)

I'm in a great mood because I had a FANTASTIC time at Hopperfest last night, and I'm really happy about it. I thought I was going to get there later than I did and that everyone would be leaving soon after, leaving me unsatisfied socially. :) But everyone stuck around for a good long time. I had a few drinks, but didn't even get tipsy and I didn't even get tired either. So I got home and went to bed at 4am, but I wasn't in danger. :)

On top of it all, I simply haven't had as much of a good time as I did last night in a while. And it's not like we did much more than sit around and shoot the shit. But we joked around and had a great, great time, and that's what made it fun. Barb talked about her Friend Group A meeting Friend Group B, and that's the coolest thing, because I get along with whatever group I'm not in as well as the one I'm in. Hell, maybe I'm my own group, I don't know. :) But I've really gotten along really well with Barb and Pete's friends, and that's huge. At least to me it is... :) Meeting these folks has been great, and I had a ton of fun meeting more of their friends yesterday and shooting the shit with them more...it was a rockin' good time, and it's something that just doesn't seem to happen as much as it should.

I've now boosted Barb and Christine's status up from Starbux Princesses to Starbux Twins. They are identical twins, attached at the hip...and I told them as much yesterday.

I also had a great time with my friend Michelle and her friends on Friday. I wish I'd gone to Second City previously in my lifetime. But it's not for the easily offended, I don't think...a couple of the skits were the type where you laugh but say, "that's horrible to say/do, but it's funny."