Sunday, June 01, 2003

Well, I've been here at work since noon or so, and it seems likely that we'll get out of here relatively soon. Or at least I hope so. Maybe not. Maybe I'm always hoping for something that isn't going to happen, particularly on Sundays here at work.

I need a haircut. I was going to go to Luis' "stylist" just to see what this chick does with my hair, but I don't think I'll have the time to do it, simply because I want Luis to go with me so this chick doesn't think I'm just some Joe Schmo walking in off the street and treats me with "respect," or something. But if I don't have time, I'll just hit Supercuts, like I always do. Whatever works.

It will be nice to have the day off tomorrow. I wish I had more. But aside from being unemployed, that's not possible. And I can't even afford to be employed right now. That's the funniest thing...if I were to get fired or laid off, it might actually SAVE me money at the point I'm in right now, what with my commute and all. Not that I'm hoping or looking for that to happen. But this makes me wonder...it also doesn't bode well for you folks out there looking for sports-journalism jobs, as it makes the pool of candidates bigger.