Saturday, May 31, 2003

Recap time, then it's on to doing some prework work.

We were able to get our softball game in yesterday, just before the rains came. It actually started sprinkling in the sixth inning and continued light rain through the end of the game and on the way to the bar. It held up until all the team folks were in the bar, and then the skies opened up. We won the game, 13-6, which was nice.

Apparently, the Oak Lawn tornado sirens were blaring away outside as the area was under a tornado warning. Strangely, we were unaware and continued talking and drinking. Great management, to keep the drinkers away from the windows in case there actually was a tornado or something. Had those windows blown in, I'd be in the hospital right now with shards of glass in my back. It looked pretty fierce out there at one point too, but nothing that we were too worried about...simply because we didn't realize just how bad it was. Again, much thanks to the crappy Gilhooley's management.

Eventually, the storms passed, without incident. Friends came and went over the course of the night, and I was quite happy with those who showed up. Hell, if no one showed up, I'd have been happy too. I'm most proud of the fact that I'd had enough to eat beforehand and paced myself quite well enough that I was able to do about six shots over the course of the night, not get sick or even hungover and be able to drive home last night too. I was quite happy about that. A couple of the shots were pretty weak, but some were powerful. It was a nice mixture. Big ups to Beth and Andy for the movie poster postcards. They kick much ass...plus, I wasn't expecting any gifts at all, considering it was quite a hike. Presence, not presents, was all I expected. So that was cool.

Today I woke up and took Kazak to Petco to get him a new ball and some dogfood. He was, as usual, happy to go for a ride. I then met my mom and dad at my cousin's house for what was supposed to be a nice, beautiful, May 31 barbecue. Unfortunately, it was damn freezing today. But we all stuck it out pretty well, and I stayed there a bit...it was, as usual, fun.

Now, I'm going to do some editing and writing and then who knows what...maybe I'll go to bed early. Ha! :)