Tuesday, April 29, 2003

I know Eulalia will be jealous of this...maybe others too.

Our intern sits in the cubicle across the walkway from mine. He's an NU student, but he took some cooking classes (at Kendall, I think). Anyway, he took a "Chocolates and Confections" class or something like that. And he brought in his final project, on which he got an A.

It is a solid chocolate cake. I mean, it's not really a cake--it's pure chocolate formed into the shape of a hollow cake. It's dark chocolate inside, with milk chocolate "frosting." It's huge, and I'll probably be sick by the end of the day. Here's the coolest thing too. It's sitting on a square base of white chocolate, about 2 cm thick.

By far, he has earned the title as best intern ever...and I won't even debate that. Glenn wins, hands down.