Thursday, March 06, 2003

Blog. Then shower. Then bed.

Man, I'm tired from hockey. I put the new cup to good use though...we were missing our two goalies, so I subbed in. It wasn't terrible. I let in seven goals, which isn't too bad, I guess. Still, there's a lot of refinement that needs to be done. :) Of course, I told Nick and Troy I hadn't played any sort of goalie since about fifth grade, and I just sat on the floor then and swatted at the puck whenever it came by me. Today, kicking it seemed to be the move of choice. I had some nice saves, but boneheaded misses. But all in all, it was cool. The highlight was my Pete Rose flying slide (if you haven't seen Rose slide head-first into a base, you wouldn't understand) to cover the ball that was getting away from me quickly, which I covered successfully. And I didn't break any ribs in the process, so that's good.

Almost forgot to blog about this, but I find out a little more about my financial and career future on Friday. That's when the big boss sits us down for the last step in our annual reviews. I'll know if there's a raise or not and how much. Talk around the office is that we'll get something, but the prevailing question here is, will it be enough? Of course, don't ask me how much "enough" is. I'll just know. This is huge, because it will determine much about the next few months. Will I be job hunting? Will I be apartment hunting? Where and how much? What of a potential new position revealed to me at the Super Bowl by my editor-in-chief that could bring about a promotion and such (though I probably wouldn't find that out on Friday)? Many questions, hopefully answered Friday.

401K report: Up $14. After losing $33 the first period (I think it's a quarterly report), I gained $47 this period. So, woohoo, I'm making money. Or something. Too bad I can't touch it forever. (I know that's not 100 percent true, but it will be for me, if I can help it.)