Thursday, February 27, 2003

All right, I'll spark some debate now that Haloscan is cooperating...I hope it continues to do so.

This weekend, my brother and friends from the neighborhood are heading down to St. Louis from Friday to Sunday, to celebrate Mardi Gras. Apparently, St. Louis is the second-biggest Mardi Gras celebration after New Orleans. There was confusion in January when they were planning this, and I thought it was last week, so I told them I couldn't go since I was working Sunday. This Sunday, there's no work...so I realistically have the opportunity to meet them down there on Saturday. Now, it's about a five-hour drive from Chicago (a little less from Bolingbrook). Or, I could stay here and not do anything too extravagant except maybe go out with my buddy Luis...which isn't BAD, it's just not a big party. And, yes, it's not New Orleans, so will it be as rockin' a good time? I'm sure that it will just because of my friends...but who knows? I've never been to a Mardi Gras-type celebration, so...I don't know.

So, what do you all think? Drive down to St. Louis? Stay here?