Sunday, February 23, 2003

Had a bit of a scare today when Gerard, in a fit of rushing around, forgot to close the gate to the backyard after letting the dogs out. Of course, I didn't notice this until 20 minutes later. They were long gone...I wasn't too pleased...we set out in our vehicles to find them, and I thought maybe they'd follow the path we take when we do take them for a walk...they did. I found them sniffing around a front yard about three blocks away. So, luckily, problems were avoided.

Gerard had a "party" tonight...he's got some friends in town (and I'm typing as quietly as possible, because Gerard's sleeping on the guest bed down here as I type), and he invited some other friends over for an evening of dominos and whatever other fun they had.

Meanwhile, I headed to Dave and Busters downtown for Kim's birthday bash...it was plenty of fun, even though I'm sure some of the participants would think I had an awful time because I was dancing around like a clown and talking my head off. I always worry about going to D&B because I could spend a bundle there, given the food, drinks and games...but I'm proud of myself. I spent $10 on video games and bought NOTHING else...how's that for setting a limit and sticking to it? :) But it was a good time, no doubt...didn't get to talk to too many of my friends though, because I was busy playing games and watching Donna play the equivalent of fantasy horse racing...the game was interesting, to say the least.

So now I'm off to bed so I can get up and write my butt off before heading to work tomorrow...maybe I'll post while I'm there, but who knows for sure...