Tuesday, February 25, 2003

I got a lot done today, and I'm proud of it, dammit. :) Most of you could care less and will find this boring though... :)

I got my vacation time figured out, now I just have to get the days off I need. And I still will have five days to use...I love it. :)

I "balanced" my checkbook, meaning that I restarted my finances file in Excel after losing the one I had dating back to 2000 when my computer crashed. I quote "balanced" because I don't know where the balance is right now...I balanced it through Jan. 21, and when I get my statement through February, I'll start working with receipts and check copies again. It took awhile to set this file up, because I have everything broken down monthly, so I know how much (roughly, it's not an EXACT science) I spent on gas, bills, etc. That requires pasting and linking and setting up summations in excel. I had to remember how I did it the first time.

Then, this evening I started building a table/desk so I can start seeds in my basement. I need a table with a top attachment to hang my flourescent shop light on so the seeds can grow in the basement while it's still cold out. I'm planning on delving into broccoli. Gerard loves the stuff and it seems to be the easiest to tell when it's ready to pick. But we'll see. Plus, if Gerard doesn't pick it, it produces pretty yellow flowers (I've heard), so at least it won't look crappy in the garden. Once spring rolls around, that will be a chore--figuring out where to put it and how to prevent the rabbits and/or skunks around here from getting into it (and, for that matter, getting into the yard and causing problems with the dogs--maybe I'll unconventionally plant it out front to avoid that...). We'll see.

So that's about it...I'm going to shower now to get the sawdust off me and go to bed--it's already far too late for me to be up.