Wednesday, January 29, 2003

More gas news, in case you don't read the comments on the last entry...
I got official word from Gerard as to what happened, because I went to bed when the gas man went to work upstairs with Gerard. It wasn't the pilot light. A gas line actually burst. Gerard said the guy showed him, and it had a gaping hole and a bubble in another area where it was about ready to blow also. It was an old brass tube that, back in the day was state of the art, but now, it was simply corroded and blew...so it went beyond the pilot light...I just found that out, by the way...Also, the gas man told Gerard that when he came in, after the firemen had already begun to ventilate the place, he took a reading and the gas levels were at explosive levels. So, somehow, someone was watching over us, given all the lights being switched on and the fan being plugged in and stuff...man, even a static shock would have sent the place up. Just so you all know.

It seems that potential death is surrounding me since I've gotten back from San Diego...I'm trying to find out more about the helicopter crash in West Chicago, the Air Angels helicopter, last night. That's where one of my best friends, Luis, used to work until he was laid off a few months ago. Two acquaintances of mine, who would probably be more friends if I saw them more often, are mechanics there and sometimes go up in the choppers on test runs...the news didn't know if the chopper was on an emergency call or a test run, but they did say one person died...

OK, I just read that the pilot, who died, was the only person on board...don't know who it was though...since it was a practice run, the jury is still out as to whether it was one of the two people I know...though they called the person a pilot, it doesn't mean he was ACTUALLY a pilot...he may have simply been piloting the chopper...make sense?

Anyway, in case you all wondered if I had a life or not, here's further proof that I don't. It's also good proof as to how involved Ghetto Bowl (my fantasy league) can get, if owners put their minds to it. I was feeling creative, so I decided to do this up last night... :) Enjoy...or don't.