Thursday, January 16, 2003

I'm feeling much better about my health today...played floor hockey last night, and while I was quite winded and very, very tired after the game, today I'm only kinda sore--I have a beautiful little welt on my right calf where the ball nailed me (though I'm sure Kim has a worse one on her ankle), and my lower back is a little sore. But all in all, I feel pretty good...that makes me happy, because I thought I was so ridiculously out of shape that I'd be dead today. I guess it just means we substituted in and out at a generally good rhythm.

Statistically speaking, we lost 5-3 and really didn't play that poorly for our first outing...our downfall was our general rustiness. I described our play to a coworker as undisciplined chaos...basically, we knew where we needed to be on the floor, we just couldn't get there half the time. Once we get our legs under us, we should be good. I did not score once, though I took about 10 shots. I need to buy a stick, because I couldn't get any flip on the ball because the stick I used was too long. Every one of my shots was a roller, inside of airmail.

Today, I'm busy...big surprise, right? I've not slacked off that much earlier this week, it's just that stuff has come to me slowly...oh well, I guess. I've got soooooo much to do between now and Sunday, since I leave for the Super Bowl on Monday...there, this blog might go on hiatus for a week, unless I get some time to update it there...I promise I'll try.