Sunday, January 05, 2003

Sorry Laz, if you're reading this still...
I really hate the Giants. I really do. As much as I like the Jets this year and hope they make the Super Bowl, I don't want a freakin' New York Super Bowl. I'd rather go to San Diego and meet people from other towns than all from New York. Ya know? But, there's a lot of football to be played, in this game and in the playoffs.

Again, I'm sitting at work doing nothing...it drives me nuts sometimes...because I could surf the Web and stuff, but really, I've read everything I wanted to already...

Last night me and Donna went to John Barleycorn on Clark near Addison for a birthday gathering, if you will. It was all right, except that some jackasses who my brother doesn't even like but were invited, showed up and kind of separated me, Donna and my brother from the only people we knew in the group--the guys and gals from our softball team. But, hey, so be it...we had a pretty good time anyway.

I really need to buy a new computer and a really nice color printer. I had to go to Kinko's to get this project I'm working on printed out, and of course, the one by my house, the Mac wasn't working. That's nice. So I go to the next-nearest one, and they say, OK, we'll have a proof for you after noon tomorrow if you want to stop in. It was kind of out of my way, but I stopped anyway. The guy says, sorry I didn't call, but when I was trying to print yours, our Mac went down, so I sent it to the Ogden store--it will be ready tomorrow for your approval.

If this project works well for me, it opens up a possibility, though very limited, in my job-search-for-the-future scope. This will be the second solid book-type layout I will have done (at least in my opinion :) ) in the last four years or so, and it makes me wonder if I can freelance out my abilities...and if anyone would pay me to do flyers, pamphlets, personal items, etc. Oh well, it would be just supplemental money type stuff anyway--freelance.

Other than that, not much else is new right now...in that short time I wrote this, the Giants cut the deficit to eight...like I said, lots of football to be played.