Thursday, January 02, 2003

A sampling of the hate mail emails I received since Tuesday (27 and counting in response to my Tuesday column. I love this stuff... :) These are not respondable to, since they're idiots. I respond when people make clear, thoughtful emails...not this drivel. Anyway, several of these people completely misread the column...I didn't make my Raiders' points clear, so I got blasted on that. But I love that the Browns fans all are concerned that I'm lumping them into one group, when I clearly say "the" two-faced Browns fans, meaning only the two-faced ones. I don't say, "Browns fans, who are two-faced" anywhere. Funny people. Enjoy, unless you don't want to read people disparaging me. :)

"You are an idiot. The Bucs coming to Philly and winning? Thats a joke. I expect you to write an apology to the eagles when they hoist the Lombardi trophy."
--I've been asked by a few to get my apologies written in advance...Also got "You're an ass, go Browns" as an entire email. I have a more favorite of that variety, but I won't post it here.

"Rarely do I visit the PFW web site, but I do buy the pre-season edition published by your company. This is the first time I've read your work. ..."
--All the more reason to just trash your email instead of reading it.

"Judging from your story on the playoffs and your mug shot, you really are as dumb as you look. ..."
--Well, at least I'm living up to the high standards my mugshot places on me... :)

"The best you could do on the Browns-Steelers is to take a jab at the fans?  You must either be a Steeler fan or you are from Kentuckey."
--Don't know where Kentuckey is, but I'm sure it's somewhere down by the ravine and the trailer park...

"You remind me of those jackass reporters that keeps talking about last year's bottle incident without acknowledging that 1) the refs made a huge error that cost quite possibly cost us the game, 2) the bottles were plastic and 3) no football fan would ever through a FULL beer away."
--Oh, I see, it's OK to throw plastic bottles that are half-full if the refs make a mistake...those won't hurt anyone.

"apparantely you know nothing of football and the great fans of cleveland maybe writing a food column is more your line of work but football surely isn't"
--Mmmmm, food...