Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Well, I had to write an Internet column today, but really found my heart not into it--I made some silly, half-assed predictions about the playoffs that I'll probably get roasted on in the forum, but really, my heart wasn't there. It's too bad too, because a New Year's Eve column allows for imaginative ideas and all. There's not a pall cast over the office today or anything like that, and business as usual is going on for the most part, but still, there's just this feeling hanging in the air. It's not ominous or bad...just that, you know, something's missing. I'm sure it will go away soon enough though. Maybe after lunch, if anyone goes, given the half-day most of us will be taking.
Still not 100 percent certain what's going on this afternoon and evening. I know me and Donna are going to dinner with my bros. and parents, but I'm still hung up on going to my neighborhood friends' party, since it's going to cost $20 and I'm not going to be able to drink $20 worth of alcohol since I'll be driving home--and that's the other thing--driving home. There are so many idiots out there that I don't really want to drive anywhere, but I guess so long as I'm sober we should be OK. We've been offered to stay there, but Donna's not comfortable with that, and neither am I, really. It'd be different if we stayed at my parents', but the party's not next door to their house this year. Oh well, I guess we'll survive...Happy New Year everyone, if I don't see or talk to you personally!