Sunday, January 19, 2003

Just a couple quick updates, before the big trip...
--Went to see "Chicago" with Donna...the movie kicks much ass. I'd recommend it to anyone, particularly if you...(a) liked Moulin Rouge because it was theatre-ish, (b) didn't like Moulin Rouge because it was weird as all hell, or (c) like to see well-written, well-choreographed, well-presented movies. Chicago was Moulin Rouge without the weirdness and with a less-annoying use of song. I loved it. It had better win several Oscars...but since I like it, it won't...A favorite movie of mine (prior to it winning the Oscars) has not won a major Oscar (or bunch of minor ones) since Forrest Gump in, what, '95?
--The Sims for Playstation 2 really sucks...don't buy it if you have the computer version...all the previews talk about how much better it would be because of the two-player modes and such...well, they don't tell you that you have to earn the right to play two-player mode (and other modes) by reaching goals in one game...a game I didn't want to play in the first place. If I ever get a better CPU than this one, I'll be selling Sims PS2...it's barely worth my time...bastards. I knew I should have rented the game first...
--I'm excited about this trip, but a little down about the actual Super Bowl...while yes, it will be fun to actually be in the stadium for the big game, it won't be nearly as much fun as watching it on TV with friends and/or family...basically where I can choose to talk isht or not...I won't be able to do that at the game, I assume, since I'll be in a media-only kind of area. Plus, I'll miss the commercials...and then I have to do interviews after the game...I know hardly any of you understand, but take my word for it...it'll be a blast, but not the game maybe not so much...we'll see.
--Speaking of...I have to get up bright and early tomorrow to finish packing and do my work before heading to work...so I'm going to bed...I'll do my best to update this...but if I don't, you can always check out profootballweekly.com next week to kind of keep tabs on what I'm up to... :)

Enjoy the week and the big game everyone! And good luck to my floor hockey teammates on Wednesday... :)