Thursday, December 12, 2002

Oh man, do I LOVE it when I'm right. :)

Today at the TV show, I'm sitting in the control room watching my coworker do his thing on the screen, and the little title for his segment is "Steelers QB quandry." I think, that isn't right...so I lean over to the director, who is just observing the festivities, and I say, "Jim, I think quandary is spelled wrong...I think it's spelled -ary." He nods and waits until the end of the segment. He then announces, "Gentlemen, how do you spell "quandary"?" Everyone in the room says "-dry." He turns to me and says, see that's why I didn't stop the tape. I said, no problem, I didn't expect him to, but I still think that's wrong. I don't know if he was trying to show me up or something, but I came home and looked it up instantly and found out I'm right and EVERY one of those TV idiots who think they're journalists is wrong. Woohoo! Now I'm debating whether or not to ask Hub for this guy's email...he's a really nice guy, which is why I don't think he was trying to show me up. I actually think he was trying to show up his employees, but they all agreed on it, so hey... :)

Sorry, it's just nice when I'm right and everyone else is wrong, especially when it's something I do for a living...scathing comments will be ignored. :)