Saturday, November 30, 2002

I gotta let the dogs out...then I'll start.
OK...
Last night was cool. We used the money from winning second place in our softball league to get a keg and a bunch of food and had a little Christmas/softball team party. It was cool, as it usually is with those guys and gals. Though, it was interesting, because I got this really good feeling at one point while I was sitting in my friend's entertainment room. We were all sitting there, about 15-20 of us, people talking to people--just little individual conversations going on, and the Christmas music was going (most of us really like Christmas music), and I looked around and thought to myself: "Wow, some of these people I've known my whole life, and look at how grown up we are and look at how much fun we're having. I'm glad I'm friends with these people and I get to do things like this with them."
That doesn't always happen...I just got this big urge to get up and hug each and every person in the room. And I wasn't drunk, and I feel OK--I'm not depressed or anything. It was just such a situation where I was full of happiness and stuff, I guess. I didn't hug anyone, though, because I'm a manly man.
Right now, I'm torn over what to do today. Part of me wants to sit in and play Madden 2003 all day, or at least work on a project that I've been working on. But another part of me wants to go out with the money I don't have and do a little Christmas shopping in advance. Probably that won't happen, unless I get bored with hanging out at the house. We'll see...
By the way, if you're wondering why Donna hasn't updated her blog recently, she's stowed away to the peaceful confines of Iowa for the weekend. They don't have Internet access. In Iowa, that is...no, at her parents' house. Just so y'all know...
Oh, and you can now check out Kim's blog via my links up there. I don't know why it slipped my mind to put it there in the first place...sorry Kim. But you're there now! :)