Sunday, November 24, 2002

Well, there is someone up there who actually likes me...though I almost screwed up (through no fault of my own) again.
I tried calling Jason Taylor again earlier this afternoon and he called back around 7pm. I had procrastinated/run into a brain freeze about the column I had to write, too...so I'm glad he called. And he gave me all the time in the world and gave me some decent answers...I checked the caller ID later and was stunned to see him actually listed...so if Jason Taylor called your house on a wrong number and you knew who he was, you could easily hold onto his cell phone number. Sounds like a potential scam victim someday to me... :)
Of course, the near screw up is that I almost could have missed him again. My brother invited me out to NIU to take in the Depaul/NIU basketball game, which went off at 5:30. I decided (not because of Taylor) that I didn't want to go, even though NIU was unveiling a shiny new arena, which would have been neat to say I was at the first game (plus, my real first team in college hoops is Depaul). So I was sitting around watching TV when he called, thankfully. And he was nice, too...though he has a very good rep with the media anyway...
So, I was saved. Of course, I spent all evening while Donna was here writing the column, and I didn't get done fast enough for us to go see a movie. So we rented "Orange County." A bit overrated and slow-moving at times...hell, the promos they had in the extras were funnier than the movie, simply because they let Jack Black just do whatever...pretty funny stuff. And Donna was nice about the whole thing too...which is good. Though she has a very good rep with the media anyway...
Tomorrow, I hear we're supposed to get some snow...will it stick? Who knows? It doesn't matter anyway, since I'll be holed up in the office. Oh well, I guess that's what I get, right? :)
Well, off to bed...I tried to install comments on here, though I don't know if they worked or not...we'll see.