Tuesday, November 26, 2002

Well, no entry during the day yesterday because I slept until 2pm or so. I usually get up around noon Mondays, but for whatever reason, I couldn't bring myself to get up. Then I had stuff to take care of, including taking Gerard to pick up his van after its checkup at the dealership. I did my weekly Denver radio show at 6 and then met my bro and some of the ol' neighborhood friends at Lindy's for MNF.

unfortunately, I didn't get to see or hear much of the game, because Lindy's sponsors two women's flag football teams, who squared off in the championship game that evening and then came by and packed the bar. They decided to play their chick music on the jukebox, which is usually off on Monday nights, so the game was drowned out. Plus, from where I was sitting, there were billions of people in the way of the TVs, so I missed most of the game. I did hear "Earl had to die" and a couple other songs at least twice, if not more, though...thrilling way to spend Monday night.

The girls on the winning team had been there in previous weeks, and they're pretty cool. They joked around with us, and the guys who were with them were pretty cool too. Though it was funny when one of the guys came up to me and Frank and said, "you know, most of these girls are lesbians, right?" as though we were trying to pick them up. Frank, maybe...me, no. He didn't say it maliciously...he even said he didn't want us to get our hopes up or whatever...first of all, none of them were all that attractive...and I told him, hey, thanks for the heads up, but I'm not looking anyway...I'm just enjoying talking to them and having a good ol' time at the bar. It's nice to see people living it up...it makes me feel better about things in some weird way. And the dude was cool with that and apologized for thinking we were up to something...

other than that, not much has happened...I'm thrilled that it's snowing, but I'm hoping that traffic isn't terrible (though I know it will be) so I don't miss "24" tonight...we'll see I guess...