Saturday, November 29, 2008

We've survived...

Well, another Thanksgiving, another hosting, another meal down in history.

Gina and I hosted Thanksgiving again this year, as has become tradition of sorts...went well -- turkey came out good, from what I hear (I'm not a fan of turkey, honestly...yes, I'm un-American, or something), and we had way more food that we really needed (now, THAT'S definitely American if ever there was something...disheartening if you think about it), and way, way, WAY more desserts too.

But it was fun, as usual, to have the families assembled here, for the most part complete. A.J., of course, was the show...he sat in his playpen through the entire dinner behaving, rolling and scooting around, playing with his toys and "talking" to us from the playpen. He's been such a great little boy.

Today, Eddie and Delana hosted Thanksgiving Part II at their place. I got to play with the fireplace and keep feeding the firewood in...I love wood-burning fireplaces, let me tell you...I wish I could have one here...again, we had a lot of food and desserts, and everyone got to see A.J. who didn't on Thanksgiving.

Now, I'm fighting to figure out my wish list for Christmas, particularly for our cousins grab-bag, for which I have a $30 limit. That makes it tougher...I'll have to do some research and thinking on this one.

Hope your Thanksgiving went well, and that you're all set and ready for the holiday season, because, once again, it's here!