Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ah, the holidays...

So, just now, it stopped snowing...the first sticking snow of the season...I mean, it's a trace amount, but still. Now, I'm ready for the holidays. :)

Actually, I am, really...because that means I get some time off to relax, unwind and decompress. One of the greater things about the company that I work for is that they give us a "winter break" in a sense...we're off from Christmas Eve through the New Year's holiday. It's nice that it's a formal company holiday, because often, it was really tough to actually get anything done in the office, no matter how hard you tried. Most of the people we try to source in the industries we cover take that time off too, and in terms of getting work done around the office, it's tough too, because a majority of people used to take that time themselves.

Now, you don't have to worry about saving days for it. We just all get it. Of course, it makes for stress-packed Novembers and Decembers, but that comes with the territory.

So, anyway, aside from WLIT switching over to all Christmas music on Friday being a little too early for me, I'm OK with the holidays coming up. I watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" tonight on TBS, and I'm OK with that. I have an 8-month-old and wanted to watch it with him. So we did (though he did a decent amount of squirming and attempting to just move all over, and paid attention only a few times).

I'll make my Christmas wish lists for my family, and start working on thinking of what should be on A.J.'s first-ever wish list, and I'll start thinking about what I might want to make for Thanksgiving dinner, for which we're hosting the families, as usual. I'm OK with that...maybe some of you aren't. But I am. I won't listen to the Christmas music yet, but I will admit that the snow falling outside stirred a little spirit in me ever so slightly.

Even if we got 3 billion inches of snow last winter, and it's a harsh reminder of that insanity. :)