Thursday, September 11, 2008

OK, I've got a decent crew, potentially, assembled for this fence-raising project, but we could always use more help!

As of now, with Tom Skilling's go-ahead (he said don't cancel plans, just be prepared for an occasional downpour, but dry spells too), I'm still planning on doing this project. That said, once we start, we gotta finish by Sunday night.

I need to know who, of you, is available Saturday, and who is available Sunday? I know some of you have told me, but just remind me and let me know. Saturday, we likely won't get started until around noon (maybe a tad earlier), because I have an uncancellable/unmoveable dentist appt. Sunday, it all depends how much we get done Saturday.

The goal Saturday is to get the fence down, measure and measure and measure again, and get the new posts in the ground (with concrete) so it can set overnight. Sunday, we can cut and hang the panels. Let me know when you can help, and if there's anybody else you think would be willing to help (particularly Saturday, as it looks like we might have fewer people then), please, by all means, let me know and bring them along.

In terms of tools, I should have everything we need to put up the new fence--what I don't have, I'm buying on Friday or on Saturday morning, because I need those tools anyway for general use (3-foot level, circular saw, etc.). But, if you have any demolition-type tools (prybar/WonderBar, garden spade aka, thin shovel to dig out posts, you can throw them in your vehicle in case we need them). I don't have enough tools for multiple people to demolish things at the same time, so if you have anything you think might be useful, bring it. :) If you're coming on Sunday and have a drill/screwdriver, bring it, then several of us can sink screws and hang the panels while others measure/cut/haul panels.

If your plans have changed, then just let me know...if everyone drops out, then I'll change my plans too. :) But let me know ASAP, please!

Lastly, if the weather forecast gets worse and it appears that this will end up being a complete no-go, I will email all of you...so double-check your email Saturday when you get up, and before you make the trek over here, call us to make sure we're still on...