Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Well, today my shoulder was sore, but not experiencing the "stabbing" type of pain with movement it was experiencing Tuesday. Today was a "I'm healing, but still reminding you that I'm here and was hurt" kind of pain.

That is, until I went out to the garage and decided to get the damned fence panels sealed/stained tonight. There were five left. I plowed through all five. I used a roller brush for part of it, so both arms were being used. It probably wasn't the wisest manuever, but it HAS TO be done in advance of Saturday and Sunday's fence fiesta.

Well, partway through it, I could tell that there would be minor consequences to my activity. I tried to take it easy, but now I can tell that I have some reflective pain down my arm (in my bicep and wrist) on and off...it's very, very minor, but it's there. The shoulder itself feels fine, though. I skipped softball today because they had enough guys and I didn't want to hurt my shoulder any more than it is hurt now.

So I got through the fence sealing/staining as quickly as I could. And that means we're ready to rock 'n' roll this weekend. Let's hope the weather cooperates and makes our lives easier. Tomorrow, after A.J.'s six-month checkup, I have to take real inventory of the tools I need and the ones I have, and then put the call out to my crew to bring certain tools if they have them. And, at some point here, I have to start clearing the area next to the house, between the house and the fence.