Saturday, September 06, 2008

Unexpectedly got to see my friend Butch and his fiancee Dawn's new house that they just closed on this past week today. Proud to be "the first" people to visit. It's in Elmwood Park, and is actually just about four "short" blocks from a house we were pretty close to wanting to buy in the Galewood neighborhood of Chicago. As such, they're maybe 10-15 minutes from us now. That's nice.

Their house is a nice starter bungalow that has been very well-kept and updated really well too. They got a good deal, no doubt. They won't have to do a ton of work on the place, and they do have some expansion room in the attic if they decide the place is really, really long-term. I'm happy for them, for sure. So, if you see them or talk to them, say "congrats!"

Meanwhile, I have less than a week now to sort out my plan of attack, of sorts, for getting this fence replaced next weekend. I'd like to have all the tools and supplies I need ready to go so that we can just jump right into it when help arrives Saturday. Furthermore, I still have to seal the remaining fence panels, so they are ready to put up on Sunday. I have to figure out how much gravel I need for the posts and make sure I have all the right tools, ready to go, for Saturday.

It's a lot of pressure, that's for sure. :) But I think I can do it.