Thursday, September 04, 2008

--Oh, man, am I sore...Fall Softball started up today (as in Wednesday) in Oak Lawn. I hadn't played in a few weeks, and I'm pretty surprised I'm as sore as I feel. Tomorrow could be brutal. We played our best game, hitting-wise, of the year (including summer league, of course, since this was our first fall game). But, we simply didn't do exactly enough and lost 18-17 to a very, very good team.

--I'm debating my ability to get in shape and get back on the treadmill at the gym in order to possibly do a 5K run in my own neighborhood on Sept. 28. I didn't know about this thing, otherwise I might have started training earlier and definitely did it. But the question is, is 24 days (well, less, as I wouldn't start outright tomorrow, probably) enough time to gear myself up for a 5K? I'm not starting from total ground zero because of softball, but given that I'm sore, I'm thinking I'd have a bit of work to do.

--Other than that, I'm looking at dates to destroy our old fence and install our new fence. If you're interested in helping me out, let me know if you're available Sept. 13 or 14. Email me privately.

--Finally...when I switched over the template for this blog, I lost all the links to everyone else's blogs. If you want yours linked, let me know...and if I can get this old blog updated, I'll "steal" KM's RSS feed idea...I like it! :)