Monday, September 01, 2008

Thank God for old friends. They always bring you up when you're feeling somewhat crappy. Mine in particular. You know why? Because they don't really give a shit why you feel bad and they really don't want to hear about it. They just want you to have fun with them. We reminisced a bit, around our annual fantasy draft. Now, one of these days, if I'd just remember to bring my audio recorder and get the good stories "archived"...someday.

Even something as simple as a 10-team fantasy football draft is fun with those guys (and gals). And getting to see the West Loop condo one of the couples lives in for the first time was cool too. Furthermore, getting the first overall pick in the randomly selected draft order "raffle" will lift the spirits too. I took Adrian Peterson. They thought I'd take L.T., and were surprised and pissed, because it's whom the No. 2 and 3 wanted. Oh well for them. :)

So, a solid end to a somewhat ho-hum weekend. I'm glad I got to do the things I got to do, but I have plenty on my mind. Work tomorrow, I'm sure, won't help too much, but hey, you never, ever know.

I spent most of last night staying up late reading through my blog's archives. It's funny to look back on a lot of the stuff I wrote...and try to figure out what the hell was going on for some of them -- such as the one in early 2003 where I lament not gearing up to participate in the Chicago Triathlon...don't remember what the motivation was there, or context; or the other one from my unemployed time, in which I hint that I'd never work for a magazine that would, unknown to me then, ultimately become my No. 1 competitor today...bizarre! :)

Anyway, tomorrow A.J. is six months old tomorrow, and I'm amazed at how fast it's already gone by. He's crabbing like crazy right now and waking up multiple times during the night...not sure if he's teething or going through a growth spurt or what. But he's even grunting "angrily" lately too, so something's bothering him, one way or another.

So, I'm pretty tired and I actually feel somewhat ill...I hope I'm not coming down with anything...either way, it's about time for an early bedtime.