Monday, January 30, 2006

--97 days. Yes, we're in the home stretch, ladies and gentlemen! You know what though? It's actually only 13 hours, in "24" time, away...goofy TV. :)

And I've decided what my new schtick will be! I think. Be prepared to be shocked, amazed and pleased...it will be an INTERACTIVE schtick that will require your votes! That's right, it's my own personal version of "Two Men Enter, One Man Leaves!" but with a twist. I thought about resurrect an old idea from my previous workplace with "The Hottest Woman Tournament" in honor of the waning days of bachelorhood, but Troyal has the market cornered now as far as copious amounts of hot women goes, so I can't do that. :)

Instead, I will be taking a wider-reaching topic: Movies. I'm taking the AFI's top 100 Heroes & Villains list and pitting the top 32 of each against each other in an NCAA-style tournament, voted on by YOU! Now, I know there are a bunch of movie-knowledgeable people on this list who are very "qualified" to vote. I myself haven't seen half the movies on there, but most of you have seen more than I have.

Voting will be counted only within the 24 hours after I officially submit the post. In the event of a tie, I will simply flip a coin. There will be no fancy tiebreakers or anything of that sort. Also, only one vote will be accepted per username. Unless I get lazy. I have the right to change whatever rules I want as I go along...but I probably won't. :)

Given that there will be 64 entries, there should be 63 "games" total. That gives me a little leeway in case of work travel when I don't have access to a CPU, and it also gives me leeway to give a little bit of a buffer zone between the end of the tournament and the real homestretch, the month before the wedding. You can debate, vote, talk smack, whatever. Enjoy! It's all for fun, right! And everyone can play! The matchups will begin with hero vs. villain, but the matchups will not be reseeded after the first round, meaning that a hero may battle a hero or villain vs. villain.

YOUR FIRST MATCHUP:
Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird) vs. Bonnie & Clyde (Bonnie & Clyde)