Thursday, January 05, 2006

--122 days. (Look Laz, no repeats! New content every time I post!)

--As predicted, work has been a bitch. Let's see, yesterday I worked until 7:30. Today until 7:00. I was the last car out of the parking lot both nights. And that's for the entire three-floor, several offices per floor building. The good thing? Traffic's been a breeze. I don't like it, but honestly, I've come to grips with the fact that this month, I kind of have to lay in the bed I made for myself. Mostly, this craziness could have been avoided by me, but I didn't push hard enough to avoid it. So, fine. I can live and learn.

--Dude, like, everyone is sick. It's ridiculous. I finally got over my cold, which briefly turned into a 99-degree fever the other night, but I'm still plenty congested, and I'm sure it won't go away anytime soon. But a whole slew of coworkers are sick or getting over sickness...I hope it doesn't become a vicious cycle at work.

--If you tried calling me on my cell phone yesterday or today, I had temporarily lost it in the recliner cushion the other night napping while sick. It fell out of my pocket without me realizing it. Fortunately, I somehow remembered that maybe it was there, because it was off, so I couldn't call it and trace the ring. So if you called, well, I missed you for obvious reasons.

--My bungalow building project is going in fits and starts. I have sketched and cut out the floor, but now I'm kind of at a standstill for the moment. The problem is, I have a great floorplan for this bungalow I'm building, but no wall heights or dimensions on that sort of thing. Only the room widths and lengths. So I have to figure it out, somehow. I wish I had time to run down the the library downtown to see if they have anything like that. Of course, most bungalows (if not all) are the same height. So, if any of you out there have a Chicago brick bungalow, measure your walls from floor to ceiling and tell me how high they are. Thanks! :) Ha!

--Yeah, I guess that's about it right now though...so much to do, so little time.