Wednesday, January 18, 2006

--109 days.

--Boy, I have to say, there is no better feeling than paying off a credit card. None. Today, I mailed out the check for my worst-interest-rate credit card, which I've had since 1997 and foolishly, in my youth, bought all kinds of crap I didn't need and Christmas presents way out of my league and all that other stuff that comes with experiencing what a young man might perceive as "financial freedom" for the first time. I'm sure some, if not many of you, did the same. I was an idiot, and I hope that, if I have children someday, I can impress upon them the importance of NOT doing that to themselves. This is a huge step in my life, and within the year, I should have ALL of my debts wiped out. Of course, I very much have Gina to thank for a lot of that. Although I have been on the right track (i.e., I haven't used this card for more than a year, and I've been putting a lot more into each payment than the minimum) for quite a while now, a financial boost from her has helped get me there faster. In other words, I'd have gotten the things paid off sooner than later, but with her help, God bless her I love her to death for this, I can get things taken care of faster. And, it's not that she's rich...It's just that, unlike me, she was wise about money her whole life. So thank God for my Sugar Mama. ;)

--I'm still thinking of a new schtick...I have an idea, but I'll have to ruminate a bit and think about if it's possible to do. But we'll see, I guess.

--You know, I never thought picking a Mother/Son dance song for the wedding would be tough, yet it is...and I'm quite close to my Mom. But we've been bouncing songs back and forth off each other and nothing's really stood out, like, "Yeah! That's perfect!" We have good candidates, and one really good possibility. But we'll keep trying, I guess. :) Question on this though, for you guys: If a song mentions the son by name, but not my name, in one line in a verse, does it take away from the rest of the song and make it "unworthy" of the moment? This is important (to a point, I understand that), because I'd love to use this song, but it calls the son out by name in one line. What do you think?

--Meanwhile, I'm taking unofficial applications for "Closest Table to the Bar(s)" for the wedding. What would YOU do in order to sit mere steps from one of the two well-stocked, top-shelf bars at the wedding? :) Be as creative as possible...creativity wins out here. Though it doesn't win a guarantee that you'll be sitting there. I might want you guys closer to the head table. ;) awww...