Sunday, February 13, 2005

Yesterday was my brother's birthday...we realized the other day that he'll be 21 for my wedding and Tim's wedding...for my wedding, he'll have been 21 only three months or so. Interesting. Whatever...

Speaking of weddings (when haven't I last?)...Gina and I went to a wedding for two friends of hers yesterday. It was cool. The DJ played a lot of 90s dance-type music, though I was a little depressed that Heavy D & the Boys did not make it into his playlist. :) But, he did play a good handful of stuff that you don't typically hear at weddings...at least not yet, anyway.

Their reception was at Elmcrest, and it was good, but I'm glad that we didn't wait to look at it. It wasn't for us...the food indeed was great, but the room would have been just as small as the one we "rejected" at Meridian, and the layout is not very good--to the point where you can't really see the head table much from some tables. But, like I said, it was cool and fun, just not for us. :)

Otherwise, I moved some things around in the 2nd bedroom...what fun. I also went and exchanged our squealing showerhead and got a nicer new one, that came with one of those shower wands, which came in quite handy for washing the dog, which I also did today. I'm hoping that this showerhead does not squeal. It better not.

Finally, today...I have the Grammy's on in the background here (saw the UrbanTherapy update far too late this evening--try, minutes ago--dammit!), and I just wanted to say that I believe, personally, Kanye West's acceptance speech was the best acceptance speech in recent memory, anyway. So, that begs the question...maybe a tough one...What is your favorite all-time acceptance speech (can be award, election, whatever)?

(Add.: Anyone who brings up what's his face's "never give up..." ESPY speech as their favorite gets a kick in the head from me...)