Friday, July 02, 2004

All right...much better.

Yesterday, we moved Gina from her apt. to her parents' apt. With some help, we were able to get things done by 1:30pm after starting at 9am. Not bad. She doesn't have a ton of stuff, but she had enough. That said, I was completely beat down most of yesterday. And I'm pretty sore today...

Still, Gina and I decided to go see a movie. She wanted to see "Spiderman 2" which I figured would be worth my time. How WRONG I was! (Spoilers coming up...not that it matters)...

Worst....movie....ever!

This makes "The Fan" look good, and that had been my previous worst movie. The only redeeming quality of "Spidey 2" was Dr. Octopus, and he was barely on the screen. He was a side note to the bullshit "Peter Parker struggles with his calling" storyline crap. I HATE when they try to do that...try to "rationalize" a superhero movie...because, ya know what? It usually turns out poorly, as this one did. It dragged and dragged and dragged. They repeated shit over and over...and "reminded" the audience of what was said earlier in the movie too many damn times. The cliches (which are typical in a superhero movie, I know) were just too suffocating and over the top, and I completely felt myself not giving in and suspending reality (again, which you typically must do for a superhero movie) at times. Also, though I've never even TOUCHED or SEEN the actual comic book, nor do I know the "spiderman story" from TV shows or anything like that, this movie was so damned predictable it was sickening. The MINUTE I saw Dr. Octopus' wife, I knew she was dead in a freak experiment accident and that would transform Dr. Ock as well. God! Terrible, terrible, terrible. I would have liked to see Dr. Octopus more, especially given the fact that the first movie spent so much time on Green Goblin.

I knew I should have seen "Shrek 2" or "Super Size Me" or even "Day After Tomorrow" instead...ugh.

BTW, Laz, a New York Little League team traveled to our ballpark to play on Wednesday...they're in town for a weekend tournament...it was "Bayside"...any idea where that is? Are they rich that they can travel out here for tourneys? :)

Now, I must adorn myself with White Sox gear, and wait for Gina to show up (sadly, in her Cubs gear) and then we're off to Wrigley for the game. Watch for us...we'll be down the right field line, probably past the bullpen, right up on the field.

Yeah...