Tuesday, December 09, 2003

So, after saying yesterday that Gina and I weren't in a hurry, we decided to make it "official" yesterday. So I now have a girlfriend, for those of you who give a flying fart... :)

Hey, she's happy and I'm happy, and that's all that matters. Everyone else can jump in the lake. :)

I'm glad this happened, because it has softened my anger at my car situation. I blew out a tire last night, fortunately slowly enough that I didn't lose control of the car on the expressway. So I'm leaving work in about 45 minutes to get new tires, finally. I can't wait any longer. It's too dangerous. However, I'm concerned that something is wrong with the suspension. My car sways and lists (like a boat, side to side) now...I assume it's the tires, but I could be wrong. I hope it's just the tires, I really really hope. I cannot afford the tires, let alone the tires PLUS something else. Now, normally, I'd be so pissed off at this, but I'm only marginally pissed because I'm in a good mood. Thankfully.

Yesterday I visited Donna at the hospital. She's doing OK, though she obviously has little to do there other than read and watch TV. Her parents are coming to town on Thursday, I think it is. So that'll be nice for her to have them there. That's the first day she COULD have surgery, I guess. She seems in good spirits and isn't nervous or scared about the surgery, because she talked to two surgeons who told her the same thing, which is good. As I learn stuff, I'll let you guys know more.

Finally, good money news, actually. I won the first round of the playoffs in my big-money league, which puts me $25 on the positive side of the ledger. We get money in this league for winning your division, making the playoffs, winning playoff games and a couple other things. It will be nice to get a winner's check hopefully soon after the season.

Oh well...back to work. I have a meeting soon and then I'm off to get my tires.