Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Well, here I am back at work. You know what I've done so far? Returned a few phone calls to appear on radio shows today (one in Jacksonville and one in Des Moines, both of which I do every week), and then there's on in Ontario that called. I haven't called them back yet, but will. I also checked email and paid some bills, and now I'm typing this out.

The weekend was a success, I can't complain one bit. A very fun four-day weekend for me; I nailed down apartment-living plans somewhat (no potheads), cleaned my apartment (mostly--sorry it wasn't as clean as it has been in the past, people), drafted a couple fantasy football teams, hung out with the NU folks, my friends from home and "the guys," re-met Christine and didn't suffer Noverini overexposure throughout the weekend. ;) That's a good thing.

We had a few good laughs at home on Monday, especially when I asked about the stress tests my dad had taken during the week (they still don't know what ailed him two weeks ago) and he soon after sat there struggling with a hot dog bun that wasn't sliced...Tim immediately brought up that Dad wasn't done with the stress tests and that the doctors had come by and put that bun in the bag to test him. He failed. :) It was really funny...it's amazing the dynamic my family has taken on now that all of us kids are out of the house. Even the way Eddie is treated is very different.

I also decided that Ukrainian Village/Wicker Park seems like a great place to be after parking a block or so from Bar 13 and walking down Damen to Division. What a nice neighborhood! I want to live there (just in time for Barb and Pete to move to Grayslake :( )

I know I said that I was going to make a major apartment push this week, but now I'm trying to figure out when. Maybe this evening? I don't know. Do landlords like you calling in the evenings? Do they realize we work too? Ah well, we shall see. I have a month...but that's a bad attitude to take, I know. The sooner I get things done, the better, really. That gives me time to prepare to move if we go in October. But we'll see.

Also on "the docket" before it gets cold: Reorganizing my gardens, even though I'm potentially moving out. I know, you all are excited about that. That's why I was thinking of asking those of you who might care for help. Maybe one Saturday in the near future you can come out to my place and we'll just dig up stuff and move it all over the place and eat and hang out. With multiple people working on it, we'll get done in no time. Plus, it's good exercise. :) So, if you're interested, hey, drop me an email. Of course, this may never happen, as it's not a real priority...it doesn't HAVE TO happen anyway. The flowers are OK as they are, but they could be better.

All right, I should go back to work for now...more later, I'm sure...