Monday, September 01, 2003

Despite warnings of God's judgement, I'm posting today. Hee hee!

Barb's birthday party (look Barb, it's linked...see, I'll even link it again. Happy?) was awesome...we went to a bar called "Bar 13" in Ukrainian Village/Wicker Park. It's on Division just east of Damen. It was a cool little spot, though it was pricey. I mean, a bottle of Miller Lite cost $4. But, it at least reaffirmed my hope that I can move to that area. The neighborhood is nice and there's stuff to do there. So we shall see. As I said, major push this week to find an apartment, barring a dump-truck's worth of tasks at work.

Christine, did you ask your buddy about the passion tea yet? ;)

Barb was pretty far gone for a time yesterday, but that's OK. You're "supposed" to be on your birthday, I guess. Though it always seems that I'm not. I guess I usually prepare for it well enough by eating plenty in advance and getting the metabolism moving, so the beer and shots and drinks just flow through me.

Anyway, despite Barb's attempt to smear chicken tender sauce all over my nice shirt, which she thought was gray but was actually powder blue, it was a damn good time. I can't wait to move my happy ass into the city to hang out with "you guys." :)

I was in a dancing mood, but didn't feel comfortable or drunk enough to get up and go dance by myself. Plus, only two of the three DJs we heard played dance music...the middle guy played Rat Pack stuff, which, obviously is not shake-your-money-maker type stuff. Not that I'd be shaking my money maker or anything, because no one wants that. :) I did enough pseudo-dancing while sitting down anyway. Though I was in a dancing mood, really. I've actually been in a dancing mood for a while. That tends to happen when I go to a club and can't find a place to actually dance. So I need to let loose sometimes. Ah well...maybe next time.

In a couple of hours I'll head to my parents house on the South Side for burgers and dogs (whether they're grilled or not depends on the weather), and then later I have yet another fantasy football draft. This time with the guys from the neighborhood who I've known forever. I guess I shouldn't "scold" Laz for his gambling, as I suppose I do enough of it via fantasy football and confidence pools. So, sorry Laz. :)

So, happy Labor Day, I guess. Enjoy your day...holla!