Friday, August 29, 2003

Saw something I thought was really cool at lunch. I went to Noodles & Co., which I go to a lot. Anyway, while I was in line, this huge (tall) soldier guy walks in with his kids. He's still in his MP (Military Police) uniform, and it's clear he's probably been in the Middle East, because it's sand gear, and there's some Arabic writing, even, on the sleeve under his title.

So, no big deal, right? Right. But I would look over to the kids and the guy, and it made me feel good. The looks on their faces were enough to brighten my day. The kids were clearly so ridiculously happy that dad was home, even if it was just a visit. And the dad, I caught him just looking at his kids walking around and smiling. It made me feel good. Just the pure happiness of the moment, I guess. So that was cool.

I have much cleaning to do today. I haven't started yet. But will soon. :) Kazak is currently getting a bath and his nails clipped at Petsmart so he isn't stinky for you guys tomorrow. Particularly you, Laz. :)

All right...off to clean.